After the New Year, I decided to take the plunge and move to the Big City, teaching kids to read good and do other things good too...To pay the bills, I am currently teaching English in private lessons around São Paulo. A city whose traffic makes LA's seem like a suburb and suffers from torrential thunder/rain storms daily. This leads me to trapes around the city daily by metro, bus and on foot, spending as much or more time commuting than teaching. One newspaper exaplians the problem "Sao Paulo's financial district is so bad that vendors have started selling cold beer and snacks to motorists during rush hour. "I have a class on Monday beginning at 7:30am(this is incredibly early for Brazilians who usually show up to work at 9am) and a class on Friday that ends at 10:30pm. So needless to say my schedule is less than ideal. After a week of this, I feel like Pinocchio, all I want is a real job.
No comments:
Post a Comment