
So now I completely understand what Miranda Lambert meant by the song 'famous in a small town'. I appeared in the society pages of the local Santa Cruz newspaper, The Debate. You can imagine my surprise when my host mom called me while I was in Sao Paulo and told that I was in the newspaper, with a picture. After this paper ran, I seriously had everyone coming up to me saying that they had seen me in the paper. Well here is a rough translation (as it is my translation) of what the article said:
"Welcome, Briana, an intelligent North American who is in Santa Cruz with hospitality of Jorge and Selma Raimundo. A visitor and a graduate of Business Administration, who came to Brazil to learn the language. Secondly, she thinks that Brazil is a country of the future and that a knowledge of Portuguese will be required. She goes to the Ica gym and is learning samba, axe, and capoeira. Welcome Briana!"

Here is the link to the archived articles of the paper
http://www2.uol.com.br/debate/1494/index.htm
You're famous!
ReplyDelete